Mission & Principles
Our Mission, Statement of Principles and Objects
STATEMENT OF MISSION
Our mission is to provide children and other parties interested in the arts, access to the adjudication process. Our goal being to encourage the creative interests of our youth by providing a positive and constructive appraisal of their performance. The adjudications are designed to inspire and direct that individual or groups efforts in the future and are aimed to Encourage Excellence.
PRINCIPLES OF OPERATION
1. The interests of our participants are paramount. To them we must provide the highest quality of festival possible.
2. In establishing goals and parameters for the adjudications we will strive to set the highest standards possible; and encourage the entrants to strive for that standard.
3. We will stress teamwork with all of the interested parties who make the festival possible. Our efforts will be directed at channelling all comments from both the private and public sector teachers and instructors towards improving our festival. As always the focus will be on making the experience better and more constructive for the participating student.
4. We will not be all things to all people. We must ensure our operations are based on a strong and desirable result, therefore, we shall focus on the benefit provided to the student from the adjudication process as our guiding light.
5. We will endeavour to keep the cost of participating in our festival at the lowest possible level; thereby ensuring access to the adjudication process to as many individuals and groups as possible.
6. We will continually assess and consult with our sponsors and the community at large new opportunities which are within the broad scope of this Festival.
THE OBJECTS OF KIWANIS
TO GIVE primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life.
TO ENCOURAGE the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
TO PROMOTE the adoption and the application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
TO DEVELOP by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
TO PROVIDE, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities.
TO CO-OPERATE in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism; which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and good will