NOTE: No special references to rules are included in this Section of Classes. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH COMPETITOR TO READ THE RULES AND REGULATIONS AND TO ENTER THE CORRECT CLASS. ** The Board of the Music Festival reserves the right to cancel any classes if the number of entries in these classes are insufficient. Applicant fees will be returned in full. ** Please note the Alumnus Class in Section 6, Class 6000 (rule 4.11). ** Please note the Concert Group Classes at the end of this section.
COMPETITORS OWN CHOICE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
1. Competitors may participate at their current grade level and one grade level above their current grade level only, as of January 1, in the year of participation.
2. Repeats are allowed.
3. All own choice pieces should be from the current RCM Syllabus.
JR. - Junior Level for students studying at the Grade 5 level or lower.
INT. - Intermediate Level for students studying at the Grade 6, 7 & 8 level.
SR. - Senior Level for students studying at the Grade 9 level or higher.
1. To be played with a pick and not with the fingers of the picking hands.
2. Competitors may use either Acoustic or Electric guitar, but must provide their own amplification if electric guitar is used.
3. Repeats are allowed.
4. No accompaniment allowed.
Participants may play a selection in the genre of their choice: blues, jazz, rock, folk or pop. Music may be original or published. Please provide sheet music (purchased or original, not photocopied) to the adjudicator. Single-instrument accompaniment is optional, but must be limited to chording. Must supply your own amplifier.